Friday 25 March 2016

Bazaar of the Bizarre

The next show on the docket is the Bazaar of the Bizarre, a unique Toronto based and traveling marketplace that feature an array of artisans, craftsmen, jewelers illustrators and more. Hosted by Plastik Wrap at The Pia Bouman School of Ballet at 6 Noble St., the Circus Sideshow spring edition of the Bazaar is coming up on March 27th from 11AM to 6 PM. I’m going to be tabling with my best friend Synescape,  always one of my biggest supporters, her unique style and keen eye for design has always been an inspiration and an aid to me when in need.


spring2016


She always pushes me out of my comfort zone, as she prefers the medium of paint. We have had a few painting dates in preparation for the show. I will have a few more original pieces of art I have done specifically for this show, as well as my usual selection of art prints. These are some original paintings I did for the show, inspired by a nightmare I had in my youth. These are the first illustrations I’ve ever done of  Batman and the Joker.


2016-03-24 00.34.54batjokeajustSM


My Modded Fae illustration are, for the moment only being offered as originals, I will also have a few spots open for portrait commissions in this series. These pieces were inspired from some drawing I did back when I was 16 that were done in black and white with all the piercings filled in with silver gel pen. Here is a look at some of the works in progress.


2016-01-25 17.39.152016-01-22 23.20.49


Synescape is bringing pieces from from 2 new series. Her Live Wire Series feature varieties of wires, cords and connectors that sprout and grow like vegetation.


tangramlivewireFB_IMG_1458922400903


As well as her Ombre Series stunning silhouettes with sky scapes from morning, evening, and night. You can see more of her thoughts on these series on her blog post here.


These shows are always a pleasure to work and I am looking forward to all the amazing treats to be found this weekend.



Bazaar of the Bizarre

No comments:

Post a Comment